- Manage all accounting transactions and maintaining accurate financial records
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable, prepares bank reconciliations, approve purchase orders and payments amongst other task to ensure proper and timely book keeping
- Ensure books and records are kept as per standards and all financial practices are legal and within guidelines in state laws
- Filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations
- Create periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, etc.
- Produce internal financial reports in an accurate and timely manner for the daily work of subsidiaries companies and management team
- Maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures and ensures compliance to accounting standards and statutory requirements
- Review and interpret financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations (IFRS and any other regulations)
- Monthly reporting of results / performance (including balance sheet) is done to the Rogers & Co via the consolidation tool set up.
- Analyse revenue and expenditure trends per department / activities and recommends appropriate budget levels, and ensures expenditure control
- Prepare performance per activities to present to management team.
- Ensure compliance with the company policies and procedures at all times
- Assist with analytical reviews of monthly, quarterly and annual financials to be submitted to Management and holding company, Rogers & Co
- Assist in preparation of necessary audit schedules to support the statutory financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Liaise and provide information to external auditors for yearly external audits, internal audits when required and with consultants for any other assignment ongoing
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation; compile the annual budget and assists the HOD in the preparation of budgets, if required.
- Ensure all relevant internal and external audits recommendations are implemented and adopted within standard procedures
- Liaise and work closely with the Internal Control department to propose establishing new standard operating procedures for all Finance and others departments and conduct regular test checks / audits to ensure compliance with SOPs
- In charge of preparation of yearly budget and quarterly forecast including profit or loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Participate in special projects as deemed necessary
- Comply with all the sustainability commitments and practices implemented within business units
- Notify the Sustainable Development Department of any matters that may pose any impact to the environment and society
- Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized institution
- ACA / ACCA qualified or partly qualified
- 2+ years of related experience
- Mix of experience from accounting firm and industry experience preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of IFRS required