As Maintenance Executive, you will oversee and manage the maintenance operations of the hotel. This includes supervising the maintenance team, ensuring the implementation of training programs, maintaining a high level of customer service, managing budgets, and ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards. You will also be responsible for maintaining the facility’s infrastructure and equipment, minimizing waste and contributing to the overall efficiency and smooth functioning of the hotel.
- Assist the Superior in the selection, recruitment, and promotion of team members, and conduct regular on-the-job training.
- Conduct performance appraisals, identify training needs, and make recommendations for team members’ development and promotion.
- Assist the HRM in developing and implementing formal training plans for the department, including identifying departmental trainers and assigning training responsibilities.
- Coordinate and supervise activities within the department, maintaining a warm and professional image.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relations, showing active interest in the welfare, safety, and development of team members.
- Formulate short and long-term work schedules for team members, balancing supervision and individual creativity.
- Ensure proper maintenance of internal and external facilities, handling guest complaints and follow-up actions.
- Prepare and manage the department budget, including setting the annual operating budget and controlling expenses on a monthly basis.
- Supervise and control extra work done by contractors and develop preventive maintenance schedules for mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Monitor and control inventories of work equipment, advise on refurbishment and rebuilding, and manage the department roster and annual leaves.
- Collaborate closely with the Hotel Manager on infrastructural projects and cost management.
- Implement environmental projects, manage savings in resources, and ensure compliance with quality and safety regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the department and ensure equipment registration and permits are up to date.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of general maintenance and repair, including fire prevention systems, electrical, and mechanical works.
- Follow-up on maintenance requests, handle disturbances and breakdowns, and ensure furnishings and installations are in good condition.
- Degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, or a related field
- Proven experience in maintenance management, preferably in a hospitality or resort environment
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills, with the ability to effectively manage a team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills